Monday, April 11, 2011

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur

This was originally posted on my LiveJournal blog on March 6th, 2011.

I read Full Moon Rising, the first Riley Jenson novel, by Keri Arthur awhile back.

My Review: ★★

I'm not sure I can give a fair review on this one. It's not my type of book (more sex than story). I got it free, however, so I gave it a try. I had to put it down for several months, and only finished it because I was between library books, waiting for the next one to come in.

This one's for those who enjoy sex, sex and then maybe some more sex. I found the reason for the constant sex scenes (I couldn't call them love scenes) to be thin and manufactured, an obvious excuse to add more body on body action and unnecessary for the storyline.

The world was interesting (except for the constant sex), and the plot was okay. Keri Arthur wrote well, I just didn't enjoy the subject. Normally any book I put down automatically rates one star, but I'm giving this one some leeway because it's not my type of book. I will not be reading any more of this series.

No comments: